Reeder mod #2 underrated?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plan-x

Reaction score
I think the 2nd mod helped alot with the 2nd channel. I remember after the 1st mod, that there was still some mud(farting out) in the 2nd ch. Although the voicing was much better, I even mentioned it on my first review. My pedals were still beating it out. But, after the 2nd mod, the mud was all but gone. And over time, I have been liking it better than my pedals. The 2nd ch now is very clear and articulate.
I think this mod(Reeder mod#2) would benefit all LSC's 2nd ch regardless of the the 1st and original mod. The jury is still out on it's effect on the first ch for me because I sort of miss the sub-harmonic fatness. But on the flip side it cuts the mix better and gets out of the bass players turf.

I agree, and I was thinking about doing another thread like I did for the 1st Reeder mod. I haven't had time to focus on it, though. Do you want to take a stab at it?

If I do, it ain't gonna be nothing like yours. :shock: :oops: I'd probably just copy Charles original post on it. Then maybe... it could get "sticky status"? :D

djw, on this task at hand. I researched the possibilities of taking this job on, and have realized that, from previous posts, you are a self professed geek. And that comes thru on the work you did on the first mod sticky. I believe that you would do a much better job than me. I believe you would probably wish you'd done it yourself after reading my hack job. :lol: :lol: :lol:
In any case, I would not be able to complete this until next week. What say you? If your willing to do this again, then by all means, bless us with your "geek" mentality and skills. If not, I will do it.

Ha ha, ok I'm on it. It's the geek in me. Check back a little later, I might even be able to get to it today...

I actually ended up removing the Mid mod on Channel 1, it seemed to sound more full that way; I left it in place on Channel 2

pine said:
I actually ended up removing the Mid mod on Channel 1, it seemed to sound more full that way; I left it in place on Channel 2
Thanks for mentioning this, pine. I'll add it to the post if I ever finish it...

I've contemplated doing this too, but I have been pretty happy with the mod in both channels so far. In what sorts of situations do you use the amp, generally? i.e., high-volume, large venues, low/small, etc?

djw said:
pine said:
Thanks for mentioning this, pine. I'll add it to the post if I ever finish it...

I've contemplated doing this too, but I have been pretty happy with the mod in both channels so far. In what sorts of situations do you use the amp, generally? i.e., high-volume, large venues, low/small, etc?

I usually only play in medium size clubs, using the combination 6V6/EL84 tubes at 100 watt setting on the LSC. I have a Weber 50 Watt Blue Dog and have also installed Fender tilt back legs on the cabinet. It's plenty loud and I have not noticed any mud in Channel 1 since I undid the mod. The mod works great in Channel 2 as I said and I'll be leaving that as is. I have not tried it with 6L6's yet, figuring I can always mike the amp.

Latest posts

Back