Express 5:25 with 1x10" need advice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clouseau

Reaction score
Hello,

I am owner of this amp and it is a great little versatile amp. Recently I plugged it in a Marshall cab 1960VA and the sound was totally awesome. I have searched and read all the topics on replacement speaker for this amp and two are the most recomended:

Celestion Alnico Gold speaker
Tone Tubby 40/40 Ceramic

But the recommendations come from players who play mainly clean and some blues/classic rock stuff. What I wanna achive is more nonboxy open sound. I play from Sultans of swing, Nothing else matters clean,Gilmour stuff to Zeppelin and hard rock. I use mainly clean channel and burn channel with overdrive for in the middle tones on clean channel. So which one would you recommend?

Also the amp on clean channel breaks rather quickly meaning you can have louder gain sound than clean. I was wondering is there any solution for this, maybe changing some tube in some location? Amp has much gain so lowering it I presume will not effect the gain that much but could help in maintaining more clean in higher volume settings. Or speaker replacement would be the best solution here?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back