5:25 Express Plus - Bought/Sold/Bought/Score!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40687

Reaction score
New member, second Boogie. I owned a MkI 1-12 combo in the early 80's, never got "the sound", sold it to a friend who put it through a 4-12 Marshall cab and immediately got "the sound"...**** it! I purchased my new/old Express Plus a year ago this month for an audition which I ultimately decided not to do. I have played since 14 YO and played for a living even but haven't played much in a long time, so I figured I wouldn't "need" a Mesa. So I sold it for the $950 I paid for it. Fast forward 8+ months and I get the "I gotta play out" bug again. I do an audition with my Line6 Spyder 50W I have owned for 15+ years and sure I suck but it does the job...note I said I suck not the Line6.

Anyway, I have been pining for that 5:25 since I sold it and have been watching CL/Reverb/eBay for a new one. When my local CL shows a 5:25 for $1050 I figure cool, it will sell eventually near the $800 mark. It was up for a month before I ever saw the original ad. My birthday was AUG 1st, I went out to dinner with my wife and when we got home I figured what the hell, one last trip through CL before I hit the hay was in order. There it was...price reduced to $600! Immediate text and emails follow and I get a reply - deal to be done at 6:30AM...cash and go.

I start to have the feeling that this was "my" Express Plus that I sold for $950 a year ago. I get the final address of the business it was to be at in the morning...bingo! It was "my" Express Plus for $350 less than I originally paid for it. Happy Birthday Danny!

Looking for the extension cabinet for it and lots of play time. This is truly an amazing amp which I will be using as a pedal platform, as well as, it's intended sweet molten purpose. Mesa rocks!

I have to say that even though I’m not even looking at any amps, If I saw a deal that good id have to buy it. Congrats.

Latest posts

Back