Been off the forum a long time...back with a 5:50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was on here years and years ago when I had my DC-5 head. I think I actually sent it to a member here up in Canada. Years have gone by and up until recently I was running a ROV 25 as my main amp (loved it but a friend traded me out of it).

I was running Orange and Engl amps up until the other night when I picked up a spotless Express 5:50 212. Wow, built like a tank, lovely cleans and that crunch on channel 1 is where it is at. I've only had a chance to spend about 10 minutes with it on 5w mode, but I hope to mess with it more this weekend. Currently running a '98 CE24 with some Suhrs in it, and a 305 through it. Sounds pretty awesome so far, but not the gain monster I was used to with the rectos.

Going to look into what others are doing and using the blues channel for my cleans (if they will still be clean enough) and the crunch mode of the clean channel for everything else (minus some pedal fuzz).

Anyways, just wanted to check back in and say hi!

Thanks to some of what I've seen here, I'm now running the 5:50's dirty channel on Blues mode, with the gain down as my clean channel. The true clean channel is now on Crunch mode and maxed out in the gain. At 5w's it sounds super creamy and saturated and I think this might be one of the best sounding fx loops I've used in a while. Had issues with the one on my Engl and Orange.

I have an Express 5:50 1×12 that is also running a Mesa Widebody 1x12. I love this amp! Just curious though, how do you set your knobs and contour? Cheers!

Latest posts

Back