Express Plus 5:25 1x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godwentpunk

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am looking to purchase this amp but as I did my research, I noticed that people have complained about the HISS this amp makes. I've also read that on the newer models, some/much of that hiss was eliminated. Some noted that making sure V1 is a quite tube helped.

So, is the HISS fixed?? and if so, any idea on what year it was corrected.

thanks!

joe...

I remember that, a couple of years ago, when the first Express 5:25 got out, that I did not buy it because of the very annoying hiss on the clean channel. But, since the 5:25+, all that has been corrected. I bought it and its a keeper.

GuyB said:
I remember that, a couple of years ago, when the first Express 5:25 got out, that I did not buy it because of the very annoying hiss on the clean channel. But, since the 5:25+, all that has been corrected. I bought it and its a keeper.

I just heard back from Mesa and they confirm that the issues had been corrected and that this effected the first year models. Since I would be looking at getting a new (newer) model, I'm good.

thanks for taking the time to respond.

joe...

Latest posts

Back