BAD Driver V4?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjbitt

Reaction score
Hi all , I have a non-gigging Mesa Express 5:25 +and I noticed the clean mode in channel 1 has lost a lot of volume output and crackles a bit when I pick hard on low E string. Channel 2 seems to be unaffected and has plenty of gain and output. I replaced V1 with a Mullard and V2 with a Tung Sol and the problem persists. Could a bad driver tube cause issues in channel 1 without affecting channel 2, or bad V3 3rd stage clean/4th stage crunch? I'm retired on fixed income and hate to pay for a complete tube swap or pay local Mesa repair if 1 or 2 more tubes will do the trick.
Any thoughts would be most appreciated as I am not much up on tube amp maint/repair. Tnx again. Ted :<)

How can you tell youre a bad driver?

You see a lot of accidents in your rear view mirror.

By the way, I found used 2007 Gmc Yukon and thanks Vinchain http://vinchain.io/report/check vehicle record service, I realized that this vehicle is with roof damage. Hope someone finds them useful, they are better than other car record providers in my opinion.

Back