Replace the grill cloth

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zen

Reaction score
I'd like to change the grill cloth on my 5:50Ex+. I've read up on it some but I hoped someone here would have some advice about removing the grill and replacing it. I'll even build a new frame and stretch new fabric to preserve the original. Thanks

Something's I'd appreciate clarification on:

Is the grill fabric wrapped around the baffle or is it a separate frame that's wrapped with fabric

What are the 4 screws threw the front of the grill?

I'd prefer not to remove the baffle if possible an only deal with the fabric and piping.

Zen said:
Something's I'd appreciate clarification on:

Is the grill fabric wrapped around the baffle or is it a separate frame that's wrapped with fabric

What are the 4 screws threw the front of the grill?

I'd prefer not to remove the baffle if possible an only deal with the fabric and piping.

The Grille frame is separate from the Baffle (which is dado'd, nailed and glued in place)

Thanks

That's great news and what I hoped for.

- What are the 4 screws through the front of the grill doing, do you know?
- Any tips on pulling the grill without messing with the baffle?

Zen said:
That's great news and what I hoped for.

- What are the 4 screws through the front of the grill doing, do you know?
- Any tips on pulling the grill without messing with the baffle?

The 4 screws are holding the Grille to the Baffle. Simply remove the 4 screws and the Baffle is free.

Wait. First you said the baffle is "dado'd, nailed and glued in place". Then you said "remove the 4 screws and the baffle is free". My hope is to remove the grill without effecting the baffle at all. More precisely, if I remove the grill, is the baffle still secured to the amp case? Hopefully it is so that when I remove the 4 front screws the grill will come away with the piping and then I'll fabricate a new grill with a different fabric.

The schematics I've found only show the amp, tube, and speaker components. There's really nothing about the case construction or the grill. IS there anything like that that you can refer me too. It would be a help.

Thanks for your time.

Zen said:
Wait. First you said the baffle is "dado'd, nailed and glued in place". Then you said "remove the 4 screws and the baffle is free". My hope is to remove the grill without effecting the baffle at all. More precisely, if I remove the grill, is the baffle still secured to the amp case? Hopefully it is so that when I remove the 4 front screws the grill will come away with the piping and then I'll fabricate a new grill with a different fabric.

The schematics I've found only show the amp, tube, and speaker components. There's really nothing about the case construction or the grill. IS there anything like that that you can refer me too. It would be a help.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry, remove the 4 screws and the Grille is free.

There are no "schematics" for cabinet assembly...simply remove the 4 screws and you're good to go!

Latest posts

Back