The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:30 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Old thread, but I just bought a 5:25+ yesterday and got back on this board after a long time, having sold my Lonestar Classic years ago.
I haven't put a neo in a MESA before, but I put 2 neo Lil-Texas speakers in my 1966 Pro Reverb. They sound great. I use Texas Heat speakers in a Blues Junior I used to own and it really worked magic in that amp. Then I stuck em in my Fender Deluxe Reverbs to tighten up the low-end, and ended up using them not only for the bluesier stuff I love to play, but in cover bands with pedals and I always got compliments on my tones, from clean to heavy-rock. In my Pro-Reverb, which had 2 12" speakers, the Neo's shaved 20 pounds off the amp! They sound great too. I think they would work fine in a 5:50+. Nobody goes around sticking their nose into the back of your amp at a gig anyway so get whatever speaker you want! The only time anyone noticed mine, was another guy with a Blues Junior who had put the same speaker in his, and noticed how much better my amp sounded than most BJ's!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:29 pm 
Mark I

guitarnorm wrote:
I haven't put a neo in a MESA before, but I put 2 neo Lil-Texas speakers in my 1966 Pro Reverb. They sound great.

Thanks for chiming in.
I still haven't made a move but am still considering a 5.50+ combo and putting a neo in it.
I've heard a lot of good things about the Lil Texas speakers and they're really reasonably priced.