SETTING EXPRESS 5:25 PLUS GIG VOLUMES

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyDee

Reaction score
Hi,
I was just wondering how you guys are getting your volume levels set between channels when gigging
your Express 5:25 Plus ?
I've used my Mark V for 90% of my gigs over the last 5 years so I'm very used to slightly tweaking the Master Volume
on some song changes or crowd size of the venue.
So, I truly haven't messed with the Express much and got it for small venue use.
The few times I have used it , if I have to raise or lower one of the channels , both channels will now be out of synch
volume wise and it's a pain to start messing with that in between songs. Not an issue with the Mark V obviously since I can just grab the Master volume and adjust accordingly.
I guess I could go with the volume pedal (I have a Mission) in the effects loop, but I don't really care for how the tone changes.
The home use levels are obviously not going to work at most venues we play.
I play covers from Beatles to ZZ so the volume goes all over the place.
I like Clean and Burn best right now. My "home volume" settings right now are both with gain 10:00- 10:30 , channel 1 volume at 9:00
channel 2 about 7:30. Both at 25 watt (when no one is home , otherwise 5 watts ! :) )
So the problem is if i get to the gig and channel 1 is too low and I bump up the volume to say 11:00,
I would then have to start messing with Burn volume which starts taking off really quick !!!
Also, does anyone know of if there is a Master Volume mod that can be done to this amp ?
Thanks
Tony

You could put a volume box or a volume pedal in the effects loop. It can only cut volume so you'd set the two masters higher than normal then dial back with the volume box/pedal to a home level and up when more overall/both channel volume needed. I just adjust both for the venue.

Latest posts

Back