Cabinet screws

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayphis2000

Reaction score
Just got an older Mesa Express 5:25. The workmanship is remarkable. One thing I found odd, though, is the four screws that hold the grill on can be seen sticking out a little bit when I look in back of the amp. Is that normal, or did Mesa use the wrong size screws? Compared to the rest of the cabinet it seems out of place, since you can see the tips of the screws splitting the black-painted wood open in four spots.

That seems odd. I don't think they would intentionally do that, but who knows. You could take out one of the screws and measure it, then go to the Mesa site and see what the size is supposed to be.

I'm guessing here but:
Maybe the the grill frame was thinner than usual.
Maybe the speaker mount is thinner.
Someone grabbed the wrong size screws.
If the amp was used, maybe the original owner replaced the screws.

I'll try to look inside mine tonight.

The screws in mine also appear to be a hair too long. There are slight cracks in the wood at two of them and at the other two I can just feel the point of the screw.

Don said:
The screws in mine also appear to be a hair too long. There are slight cracks in the wood at two of them and at the other two I can just feel the point of the screw.
Thanks for checking, Don. Sounds the same as mine. I only noticed because I was admiring how well painted and finished the woodwork is in the back of the amp. So I was surprised that they wouldn't have done something to keep from messing up the nice finish work in those spots.

Does yours have the aluminum bar, the silver tube cover or the black tube cover? Mine has the silver tube cover, which I guess came after the aluminum bar and before the black cover.

I just got done playing it in a band setting for the first time tonight. It made it so much easier to sound good (or at least better). LOL. I love the complexity of the amp. It gave my strat a range of sounds it's never had before.

Latest posts

Back