Mesa Express 5:25 footswitch issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hska

Reaction score
Hi all! I thought this could be the right place for my question.

So, I just bought Express 5:25 1x12 (V30) non-plus combo second-handed. Condition is as new, and it sounds just amazing. I'm completely blown away by versatility and overall quality this amp delivers. However, I've noticed one little "issue" with this amp. It is not actually that big problem, since the amp works just fine.
Footswitch works, but if I select channel two, contour led isn't working in switch, but lights up in amp and works. If I'm using channel one, leds work as they are meant to work. As I said, not a biggie when everything works anyway, but would love to get everything working "as new".
I tried to google about it, but couldn't find an issue alike this. However, found out there has been problems with footswitches in this model. What do you think causes this problem and would there be an easy fix? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Sry, my english isn't that good. :)

Contact Boogie, they are always helpful (email or phone). Could be a bad LED or a loose connection/bad solder joint - not too hard to diagnose if you are electrically inclined.

It's possibly something in the cable or connectors. Please re-seat (unplug and reconnect) each connector, both on the footswitch and where it connects to the amp. I've had squirrelly things happen when my cable wasn't firmly connected to the amplifier.

Also, while the cables are unplugged, compare the two connectors and look for a bent pin.

Let us know if this helps

My footswitch solo light is non-functional. I've checked the cable and sockets, each end looks good and I can see the socket contacts in each socket hole. Does anyone have experience with MB support? Do they prefer to get the item back or will they be OK with me opening up the switch to take a look?

Why not simply contact MB support and find out? Phone call / email doesn't cost much :)

I have a led issue with my Express Plus 5:25 too. All is working except the Preset Depth led. Anyone done a led fix before? I don’t have a Mesa tech support close to me and US Mesa support do not give directions for DIY fix.

i had a similar issue in that the drive channel led and reverb led stopped working. i took the footswitch apart and everything looked normal (no visibly cracked solder joints, etc.) but noticed that i could make the LEDs flicker on and off by plugging the DIN cable in or wiggling it, both of whch cause the circuit board to flex. I figure that plugging and unplugging the DIN plug flexes the board and caused microcracks at the solder joints along the circuit board. I tried resoldering most of the connection points, which made the problem intermittent, but not reliably fixed. In the end I just ran jumpers from the DIN plug to the appropriate footswitch, and jumpers from the footswitch to the appropriate LED and back. Problem solved.

The footswitch circuit is very simple and you can find a diagram of it by googling "circuit diagram for Mesa Boggie express footswitch."

https://www.google.com/search?q=circuit+diagram+for+mesa+boogie+express+footswitch&oq=circuit+diagram+for+mesa+boogie+express+footswitch&aqs=chrome..69i57.21150j1j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=P3Egi2JycRUNnM:

Easy fix if you are handy with a soldering iron. Otherwise, a new footswitch will set you back about $70

Back