New here- I'm an Express junkie :)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rv7garage

Reaction score
I've had my 5:25 1x10 combo since 2008 and will never part with it, I truly love this little amp. If anyone has any suggestions re: re-tubing or a better than stock speaker, please feel free to recommend. I think I might like to refresh this one soon.

1F3DF4B2-FCBF-45B5-8DFB-4DB8A9492396_zps78s2ieka.jpg

And now I just picked up a 5:50 Plus head to go with my 2x12 vertical Recto cab; yes I like to paint the flames on my Boogies lol! This rig really cranks, and it's a much different animal from the 5:25 combo- I'm still quite a ways from dialing it in.

A47D2E8B-0FC0-446E-9521-A3C0C0FB804B_zpsaa4qemdj.jpg

Also- a big thanks to Ned for helping me get my Grailtone account created! Hope to get some value from the Boogie Board!

I cannot help you with a 10"inch speaker, but in my Express 5:25, I swapped to a Greenback. Man, that was nice tone. Perhaps something similar to it, in a 10" inch size would be good.I also had a 5:50 Plus 1x12. I didn't have it long, as I sold both amps and have moved to a Mark V, but I definitely miss the 5:25, for a grab and go amp.

rv7garage said:
I've had my 5:25 1x10 combo since 2008 and will never part with it, I truly love this little amp. If anyone has any suggestions re: re-tubing ...

Welcome to the forum.

I also had a 5:25 1x10 Express combo. I purchased a set of 6N14N-EB power tubes from Doug's Tubes, and I really liked the result. Got lot's of compliments on my tone. Actually, I still have the amp, but I put it into a custom cabinet and replaced the speaker with 1x12 Celestion Century Vintage.

-Luke

Latest posts

Back