Hello fellow Mesa jammers!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEBound

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to Mesa amps, but have wanted one for quite a while. I'm also new to guitar playing in general, but finally bit the bullet to buy some top notch gear to learn with instead of upgrading later. I've watched a lot of reviews and videos and was going to get the Mark V 25 head cabinet, but found the Express 5:25+ for a great deal on CL yesterday.

So far I am really impressed with the sounds from this amp. The settings are a little overwhelming thus far but make more sense the more I fiddle with them. I do have one question though. There is a bag of some sort in the bottom of the chassis that seems to be strapped in place. What is this for? It has something in it, but I'm not sure if it is a weight or something else. It is in the very bottom, not the one on the back that holds the foot switch.

Anyway glad to be a part of the user and owner community and look forward to learning more from you all on this journey!!

Cheers,
Brian

MEBound said:
... I'm not sure if it is a weight or something ...

Welcome Brian !

I have to say, I can understand why someone might think there's weight inside the amp....Mesa's are all heavy with the exception of the Mark V mini head.

I think you made a wise move in buying a high quality amp like the Express (or any Mesa for that matter). The options are a bit daunting at first. I actually bought my first Mesa before I had any clue how to operate it. It had 3-channels, 2-modes per channel, and something like 20 knobs and switch just on the front panel alone! But the tone was always great, and I eventually learned how to navigate the controls after many years. You should download the user manual if you don't already have one.

Enjoy !

-Luke

MEBound said:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to Mesa amps, but have wanted one for quite a while. I'm also new to guitar playing in general, but finally bit the bullet to buy some top notch gear to learn with instead of upgrading later. I've watched a lot of reviews and videos and was going to get the Mark V 25 head cabinet, but found the Express 5:25+ for a great deal on CL yesterday.

So far I am really impressed with the sounds from this amp. The settings are a little overwhelming thus far but make more sense the more I fiddle with them. I do have one question though. There is a bag of some sort in the bottom of the chassis that seems to be strapped in place. What is this for? It has something in it, but I'm not sure if it is a weight or something else. It is in the very bottom, not the one on the back that holds the foot switch.

Anyway glad to be a part of the user and owner community and look forward to learning more from you all on this journey!!

Cheers,
Brian

Welcome to the Boogie Board Brian :mrgreen:

coolhandluke said:
The options are a bit daunting at first. I actually bought my first Mesa before I had any clue how to operate it. It had 3-channels, 2-modes per channel, and something like 20 knobs and switch just on the front panel alone!

Enjoy !

-Luke

This is the biggest reason I picked up my 5:25+ after I just bought a mint condition 525 non-plus model. I'm one of the biggest knob, switch and dial fanatics around and I just had to have all those options. Even if I don't have a clue on how to use them. Yet. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back