Express 5:50 noise with Fulltone fulldrive3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaborex

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a second hand Mesa express 5:50. All valves have been replaced and are brand new. However, i used it on a gig and plugged my pedal board into it, all pedals were fine except the fulltone fulldrive 3. On the fulldrive 3 I could only use the boost but not the overdrive side. As soon as I engaged the overdrive switch I was greeted with the most defening noise/hum.

I have a Boss NS2 noise gate which I have all dirt pedals in the loop of.

Very starnge. Overall the amp seemed a bit noisy at gig levels. I did notice the venue had some cheap lighting, si I am wondering whether it has to do with that as well.

Regards

Jim

kaborex said:
Hi all,

I have a second hand Mesa express 5:50. All valves have been replaced and are brand new. However, i used it on a gig and plugged my pedal board into it, all pedals were fine except the fulltone fulldrive 3. On the fulldrive 3 I could only use the boost but not the overdrive side. As soon as I engaged the overdrive switch I was greeted with the most defening noise/hum.

I have a Boss NS2 noise gate which I have all dirt pedals in the loop of.

Very starnge. Overall the amp seemed a bit noisy at gig levels. I did notice the venue had some cheap lighting, si I am wondering whether it has to do with that as well.

Regards

Jim

I've had a Fulldrive for 10 yrs & used it many hrs thru the 5:50.
It's always been dead quiet on mine - you've got an issue somewhere :)

Back