Express 5:50 noise with Fulltone fulldrive3

5:25 and 5:50's

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

kaborex
Bottle Rocket

Express 5:50 noise with Fulltone fulldrive3

Post by kaborex » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:32 am

Hi all,

I have a second hand Mesa express 5:50. All valves have been replaced and are brand new. However, i used it on a gig and plugged my pedal board into it, all pedals were fine except the fulltone fulldrive 3. On the fulldrive 3 I could only use the boost but not the overdrive side. As soon as I engaged the overdrive switch I was greeted with the most defening noise/hum.

I have a Boss NS2 noise gate which I have all dirt pedals in the loop of.

Very starnge. Overall the amp seemed a bit noisy at gig levels. I did notice the venue had some cheap lighting, si I am wondering whether it has to do with that as well.

Regards

Jim

Newysurfer
Mark IV

Re: Express 5:50 noise with Fulltone fulldrive3

Post by Newysurfer » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:01 pm

kaborex wrote:Hi all,

I have a second hand Mesa express 5:50. All valves have been replaced and are brand new. However, i used it on a gig and plugged my pedal board into it, all pedals were fine except the fulltone fulldrive 3. On the fulldrive 3 I could only use the boost but not the overdrive side. As soon as I engaged the overdrive switch I was greeted with the most defening noise/hum.

I have a Boss NS2 noise gate which I have all dirt pedals in the loop of.

Very starnge. Overall the amp seemed a bit noisy at gig levels. I did notice the venue had some cheap lighting, si I am wondering whether it has to do with that as well.

Regards

Jim
I've had a Fulldrive for 10 yrs & used it many hrs thru the 5:50.
It's always been dead quiet on mine - you've got an issue somewhere :)
Gretsch Jet Firebird, Gretsch G5422, Gibson SG Deluxe, Strat Plus - Mesa 5:50, Mesa Mark V 25, analog pedal boards
Check my Mesa Soundclick recordings on http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=792315