Added an MXR EQ to my Express 1x10...wow

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphasports

Reaction score
FYI My revitalized Express 5:25 1x10 is even better now that I added an MXR 6-band EQ to the effects return...so between the new Tone Tubby 40/40 and a fresh set of tubes, plus the EQ, I can shape all kinds of tone out of this thing, especially the top 3 (Clean. Crunch, Blues). I had heard the onboard EQ on the Plus series wasn't all that effective, so while I wait for a used 1x12 to appear online I'm pretty happy with this little 1x10 rig.

alphasports said:
FYI My revitalized Express 5:25 1x10 is even better now that I added an MXR 6-band EQ to the effects return...so between the new Tone Tubby 40/40 and a fresh set of tubes, plus the EQ, I can shape all kinds of tone out of this thing, especially the top 3 (Clean. Crunch, Blues). I had heard the onboard EQ on the Plus series wasn't all that effective, so while I wait for a used 1x12 to appear online I'm pretty happy with this little 1x10 rig.

Great to hear!

Not sure who told you the Express + EQ is not that effective. I can tell you from experience it completely changes the versatility of the + amps. It makes a huge difference.

alphasports said:

Yep I've had one on my pedal board for 5 yrs - better than the Mesa 5 band EQ imo :mrgreen:

Hi,

I have just bought a ten inch 5:25 Express Combo. I need to take the rear grill of later to see what power tubes are in it.

I have another Express here same model. It is warmer than mine and I note it has Mesa tubes in it. I can see mine are not Mesa. What Tubes did you put in. I note the finals are £55 each so am reluctant to buy some just yet.

G

Back