Crunch has more gain than Blues on Express 5:25+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 39637

Reaction score
Hi.

Yesterday I noticed that using the same settings (with max gain) on channel one crunch mode and channel two blues mode, the crunch mode has a lot more gain than blues mode. In fact, there's pretty much no overdrive on blues mode with the gain dimed.
Is this normal, or is there something wrong (bad preamp tube or something)?

Regard,
kenneho

Normal. In fact it seems that many people around here use the blues mode as their clean and the crunch as their... well... crunch !

GuyB said:
Normal. In fact it seems that many people around here use the blues mode as their clean and the crunch as their... well... crunch !

I'm glad to hear this is normal, and that my amp isn't broken. Thanks for the reply!

GuyB said:

Yep, i've done that as well......

Al

amrose57 said:
GuyB said:

Yep, i've done that as well......

Al

I've started doing this myself as well. The Express 2:25+ keeps getting better and better the more I get to know it.

Latest posts

Back