5/50 on the skids

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1sttvbn

Reaction score
So I turned on my 5/50 last night to get some playing in, first time in two weeks. The power light comes on, but not any of the other lights, no sound. This morning I check the tubes, Most inboard AX7 is not on, nor are the two most outboard AX7's. The two center AX7's are glowing, as are the two main tubes. Changed them out with some Russian replacements I had laying around. Even they don't glow. So Transformer.....? Look's like this thing is going to cost me some more scratch. I maybe have 10 hours on this thing, Any body have advice before I haul this 65 lbs anchor down to a repairman....?

Sorry to hear that. Did you check the fuse? Does it behave the same way with footswitch connected/disconnected? These are long shots, but worth a look before taking it to a technician.
Best of luck to you.

Well, $139.00 and a couple of capacitors later, and my Express is back on the front. Still distressing for an amp that had less than 30 hours playing time on it. Made me take my Boogie sticker off the back of my bumper.

Latest posts

Back