Mesa 5:50 Footswitch Problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epiphoney

Reaction score
Hi all,

The footswitch on my Express 5:50 2x12 will only light up when channel two is selected on the toggle switch.
When either 'channel one' or 'foot switch' is selected the pedal is completely dead.

When two is selected however I can turn the reverb and contour on and off but pressing the channel select button on the pedal will not switch to the clean channel!

I have tried a different generic cable but not sure if it needs to be a proper Mesa one?
Has anyone had a similar experience?

Many thanks
Lee

Hi epiphoney,
I am not sure I can help much with this one other than making sure that the cable is fully inserted in the amp and the footswitch.
Does the amp function properly using the toggles without the footswitch connected? If so, it is likely just a cable problem or not fully inserted in amp or footswitch.
If the problem persists, my recommendation is to contact Mesa Boogie.
Best of luck resolving your problem!

epiphoney said:
Hi all,

The footswitch on my Express 5:50 2x12 will only light up when channel two is selected on the toggle switch.
When either 'channel one' or 'foot switch' is selected the pedal is completely dead.

When two is selected however I can turn the reverb and contour on and off but pressing the channel select button on the pedal will not switch to the clean channel!

I have tried a different generic cable but not sure if it needs to be a proper Mesa one?

Many thanks
Lee

HI,

I have exactly the same problem. (only that my amp is 1x12)
Did you manage to fix it?
Thanks a lot

EJSA said:
epiphoney said:
Hi all,

Many thanks
Lee

HI,

I have exactly the same problem. (only that my amp is 1x12)
Did you manage to fix it?
Thanks a lot

Hi

I dismounted the amp's rear panel and, luckyly, the conector cable in the amp side was half-loose. Problem Fixed ¡¡
Thanks anyway
Eduardo

Back