May I Share some Express+ Sounds?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leathan

Reaction score
Over the last couple of months I've put the Express 5:50 + to use in the studio on a few occasions. Thought I'd share the results with anyone who might be interested in actually hearing what they sound like.

Granted: these are just the tones I chose, by no means a comprehensive display of all the sounds you can get out of the amp.

Still, might be of interest to anyone considering the amp.

http://www.rationality.us/grooves/

P.S. The relevant tracks would be anything with "with Guit." in the title.

Yes, very nice playing and recording sound quality!
I particularly like MOT with guit! Let me guess....."Burn Mode" with the gain way down for this song?
Also, my guess is that you were using some form a strat guitar?
So your guitar sounds were mic'd from a 5:50+ combo amp? What other "stuff" did you use to get your guitar sound?
Just curious.

Thanks for the responses!

In all cases, the amp is an Express 5:50 + HEAD into a 2 x 12 Recto Horizontal cab.

MBJunkie:

"MOT with Guit". is:

1. A PRS Bernie Marsden (bridge pickup) vol. knob at "9"
2. You guessed it! "Burn" Channel with gain at 1:00, straight tone-stack EQ (traditional T/M/B knobs), 50 watt option

"Chimes" and "Stomp" were:

1. Fender Strat, neck pickup or neck/mid
2. Clean channel, with gain at about 2:00, 50 watts, tone-stack EQ
3. Studio-based choruses/reverbs/panning to seperate the various guitars (3 tracks)
4. Actually, the "Blues" channel makes an appearance for the noodling at the end of "Chimes", and the Bernie again for the noodling at the end of "Stomp". Gain around 2:00 or 3:00 as I recall.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the recording details Leathan, and once again well done! 8)

Sounds great Leathan! I really enjoyed your clean tones and playing on "Stomp".

Leathan said:
Over the last couple of months I've put the Express 5:50 + to use in the studio on a few occasions. Thought I'd share the results with anyone who might be interested in actually hearing what they sound like.

Granted: these are just the tones I chose, by no means a comprehensive display of all the sounds you can get out of the amp.

Still, might be of interest to anyone considering the amp.

http://www.rationality.us/grooves/

P.S. The relevant tracks would be anything with "with Guit." in the title.

Nice - thx for sharing :)

Back