Compare/contrast voices of Rectoverb - Express

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamtheaterrules

Reaction score
I need a smaller combo. After looking and reading for the last year, I've decided that the good 5 watters cost nearly as much as as bigger, more capable amps. So, I'm interested in the Rectoverb 25, and the Express 5:25 plus. I have a Mini Rec, so I know what to expect from the Rectoverb 25. Who can compare the voices/modes of the Express 5:25 plus, to the voice/modes of the Rectoverb?

I was just going to start looking for a Rectoverb, but the feature set of the Express is very nice. By the time you factor the foot switch and all, probably even better than the Rectoverb. But how about the tones. Clean/Crunch/Lead etc., how do they compare to the Recto?

I had a Mini Rec before the Express 5:25 Plus that I have now (and will keep for a very long time...). The main difference for me was the clean channel and it was a very big difference. It is one of the best clean channel that I ever used. For the other voices, I think that the Express has nothing to loose compare to the Mini Rec and, in my opinion, is more versatile.

I recently purchased a 5:25 Plus combo, and am really loving its versatility in a small grab and go amp!

I also own a mini rec which is a nice sounding amp too. I totally agree with GuyB in that the clean sound offerings of the Express Plus are fantastic...some of the best I have heard!
The versatility of high gain sounds offered in the "crunch and burn modes" are excellent as well although not the same as rectifier series. That said, the "burn mode" can get you close to recto sounds with gain set high and judicious use of 5 band EQ or contour preset knob!

I will say that that all 4 modes of the Express Plus can be set to sound great and really depends on ones preferred sound/style of which modes to choose while playing with a band.

OP, definitely give the 5:25 Plus a test drive if you get a chance. Personally, I like its layout better than any other 2 channel amp that I currently own (including my Mini Rec and MkV:25). :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back