5 50 w/ MXR 6 band EQ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scot

Reaction score
anybody here run the original 5 50 express with a 6 band EQ, just thinking about picking 1 up w/ gift card I just received. just wondering if its worth it or not. The contour knob just doesn't get me to where I wanna be

Scot said:
anybody here run the original 5 50 express with a 6 band EQ, just thinking about picking 1 up w/ gift card I just received. just wondering if its worth it or not. The contour knob just doesn't get me to where I wanna be

yeah I've had both for around 5 yrs.
One of the best EQ pedals available imo.
I run it through the loop - super versatile, causes no added noise, cheap, small & easy to use.
I use it for
- tone shaping for almost any tone you might want
- a clean solo boost - I boost mids or all EQs to boost volume for solo's
- sometimes use the V shape for metal tones - works much better than the Mesa Mark EQ section.

If you have this EQ pedal you don't need the EQ section in the Plus series & with six freq's it works better anyway :)
Add on the Contour in the original 5:50 and you have much more powerful EQ control than the Plus amps imo.
One tip on use - the EQ freqs controls are very powerful so a small tweak goes a looooong way :mrgreen:

It is everything you said it was, finally able to get the metal sound outa this amp with out having to use an OD or Dist. pedal. I tried it in front of amp first, way noisy, in the loop cant even tell its there really. I would highly recommend this pedal to any body that has a 5 50 and wants something a little different out of it

Scot said:
It is everything you said it was, finally able to get the metal sound outa this amp with out having to use an OD or Dist. pedal. I tried it in front of amp first, way noisy, in the loop cant even tell its there really. I would highly recommend this pedal to any body that has a 5 50 and wants something a little different out of it

ok glad it's worked out well for you :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back