The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:38 pm 
Mark II

Does anyone really use the the EQ or Reverb buttons on the 4 button foot switch. If you could get a dual button stomp box with just Solo and Channel switch would you be interested?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:46 pm 
Mark II

Stinger22 wrote:
Does anyone really use the the EQ or Reverb buttons on the 4 button foot switch. If you could get a dual button stomp box with just Solo and Channel switch would you be interested?

I already built my own. Just 2 1/4" jacks into the solo and channel on the back of my Express 5:25+. Works like a champ.

Al

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:41 am 
Mark II

Here it is:

Al

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:27 pm 
Mark II

Would be nice to have a Mesa one using the 8 pin of course there has to be a market. Else will be ordering the mini switch as mentioned in the other thread.

So anyone else get on the list for an OEM one?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:39 pm 
Bottle Rocket

I'm also in the process of building a smaller four button box that is pedalboard friendly that uses the External Switching Jacks on the back. Yes, I use the reverb switching on some stuff when I'm also using heavy delay(s) on my Timeline. I still don't know why Mesa made the footswitch so large. After looking inside I think they could've cut down the size by ~30-40%. I'm not a fan of the large footswitch. Great Amp so far.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:19 am 
Mark II

I do not use any other pedal. And yes, I use all four buttons and I like that they are spaced far enough from each other so that there is practically no chance to push on two of them at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:13 pm 
Mark III

I'm with guy on this one. The only one I never use is the EQ while on the clean channel. I like the size of the footswtich, and I do not put it on my board. It's Velcroed to the floor or the rug in use at gigs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:55 pm 
Mark IV

+1 GuyB and bendo! I use all 4 buttons and really like the included footswitch for its versatility! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:15 pm 
Bottle Rocket

I use the EQ switch but not the reverb switch. Also the factory one is huge so I built my own. Fits on my board perfectly. The channel light switches between green and red, the EQ light is orange, and the solo light flashes red and blue in an annoying way to remind me it's on.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:51 am 
Single Recto

I actually appreciate the spacing between switches. I move around a lot while playing, and not have to worry about stepping on adjacent switch frees me to be more in the moment while playing.

Past/Present Boogies
Express 5:50+ 1x12"
Stiletto Ace 1x12"
Electra Dyne Head
Lone Star Special 1x12"
Stiletto Ace Head
Express 5:25 1x10"
Mark IVb Widebody 1x12"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:17 am 
Mark II

Good design by Mesa. If you don't like the stock foot switch, very easy to make your own. And adapt to a switching system. I can see using two foot switches - channel and solo on pedal board, EQ and Reverb by the amp assuming those don't change often.

dliznik - what is your schematic to get the flashing LED?

Express 5:25+ with Tone Tubby Winterland

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:18 pm 
Mark IV

Stinger22 wrote:

No - I use the reverb footswitch often :mrgreen:

Gretsch Jet Firebird, Gretsch G5422, Gibson SG Deluxe, Strat Plus - Mesa 5:50, Mesa Mark V 25, analog pedal boards
Check my Mesa Soundclick recordings on http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=792315

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:41 pm 
Bottle Rocket

b00g13mk2B wrote:
Good design by Mesa. If you don't like the stock foot switch, very easy to make your own. And adapt to a switching system. I can see using two foot switches - channel and solo on pedal board, EQ and Reverb by the amp assuming those don't change often.

dliznik - what is your schematic to get the flashing LED?

I think I just used a flashing LED in place of a regular one. Possibly I had to ground a pin. If you're still interested I can open it and take a look.