Nice "Fender" setting for my 5:25 1x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minstrel

Reaction score
I've only had this amp for a few months, and I really like it, but I'm coming at it from a small & easy Fender tube amp, and it hasn't been easy finding just the warm tones I like in both disto and clean on the Express, and I've messed with it a lot.

But here's a configuration I really like, maybe some of you might like it, too. It's as close to a Fender sound as I have come.

Channel one disto, high gain on "crunch" setting - nice & dirty : gain at 3 o'clock or higher, trebble at noon, mid at nine, bass at 11 reverb wherever it works for yoiu.

Channel two clean, low gain on "burn" setting - warm and smooth so long as you don't attack to hard : gain 9 o'clock, trebble 11 o'clock (lower if you want), mid at 9, bass at 1 or 2 o'clock, reverb wherever it works for yoiu. (I tried getting a warm tone wiht high gain on "blues", but I think the burn low gain is much warmer.

The specific tone settings are just suggestions, of course, and will differ for your ear, but he main idea is : high gain crunch for disto, and low gain burn for clean.

Lemme know what you think.

Mines the 5:25+ and yes on the burn channel at low gain you can get some fat clean Dumble like tones!

Latest posts

Back