Noisy gain channels on 5:25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfinboy

Reaction score
All of the distortion channels - blues, crunch and burn - on my 5:25 are very noisy, especially at higher gain levels. They're much noisier than any pedal I've used. Is this normal?

surfinboy said:
All of the distortion channels - blues, crunch and burn - on my 5:25 are very noisy, especially at higher gain levels. They're much noisier than any pedal I've used. Is this normal?

Are you referring to hiss? My 5:25+ has a bit too much hiss in it, IMO. I swapped V1 and V2 with the Mesa SPX7a tubes and it lowered the hiss way down.

Al

amrose57 said:
surfinboy said:

Are you referring to hiss? My 5:25+ has a bit too much hiss in it, IMO. I swapped V1 and V2 with the Mesa SPX7a tubes and it lowered the hiss way down.

Al

Did it change the sound or volume at all?

Without hearing it- it may be normal. Tube amp, distortion channels, high gain- you are gonna get noise.

rjw said:
amrose57 said:
surfinboy said:

Al

Did it change the sound or volume at all?

Nope....sounds the same, just with a bit less hiss....

Al

Back