Express Plus 5:25 channel chattering/clicking

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgalo7

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new at the board and came here looking for help.

I have been a happy owner of a MB Express Plus 5:25 for about 1 year.

This week the amp Channel 2 started coming and going intermittently, when I stopped playing I heard a clicking/chattering noise that I assume is from a switching relay. It just happens in Channel 2 in both Blues/Burn modes, no matter if the FS is connected or not and even in manual mode.

Surfing the web I found this is a very common problem in Mesa amps like Mark V and Transatlantic but couldn´t find any solution.

I´m going nuts!!

Just to have an idea of how it sounds here is a video of another user with the same problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HN90nKc1M

It´s supposed to be a problem of capacitors... I"ll appreciate any help.

Try disconnecting the footswitch and only using the mini toggle switches to change channels, and switching modes. See if it happens in Blues mode .Simplest if an intermittent switch.

Thanks for your reply.

The first thing I did was disconnect the footswitch and try only with the toggle switch.

Them problem persist without the footswith. It´s only in Channel 2 no matter the mode.

Could be a relay or a PCB trace/solder joint issue. Probably not the relay power supply since the other ones work. I'm not where I can get to a schematic. Unless you are tech oriented, find a Boogie service location or good technician

Yeah,

I first swaped the tubes since it was only happening in one channel but nothing, then changed the entire set for preamp an power amp and the same...

I usually do my amp service, but I need a schematic and Mesa told me that they don´t give schematics of current production amps, only when they are discontinued. :shock:

Link to the non-plus schematic. Should be similar. The second schematic link works.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t22508/

Latest posts

Back