Three button foot switch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royslead

Reaction score
I posted a similar topic in the Rectifier subforum, hoping someone could answer this. As you know the Express series has a three button foot switch (channel, reverb, contour). I recently added a Rect O Verb (series two) to my lineup. It also uses a three button foot switch, with the same type of cable and housing and lay out as the Express', with exception of the third switch (contour on the Express, solo on the ROV). There is an issue with switch the ROV came with and I'm wondering if I can just use the Express foot switch until I get the other repaired.

Because if it's pinned differently, I don't want to short something out...duh! :D

I realize of course, that seems to be the simplest solution, but I don't want to create a problem. The same advice was given on the rectifier subforum by two others, including "Authorized Boogie, and was much appreciated; but they were not sure of the pin out being the same. Chances are, it will work fine...

The worst that could happen is a switch is taken to ground an closed/opened without a button pushed. It highly doubt it will damage anything.

Well, I can tell you first hand, that an incorrectly wired foot switch CAN damage things. It is how I ended up with my first tube amp head. A buddy of mine tried some mod work on the amp foot switch, it shorted circuitry in the amp (caps,resistors and a transistor-used I think for channel/mute). Anyways, the amp no longer worked and became a door stop for three years until I asked about it. I am the one that did the repairs, so I can assure you - damage COULD happen. Maybe / maybe not in the Mesa lineup, but until I know for sure, I'm not going to "just try it." I'm in the process of tracing circuits between both assemblies, since no one here can tell me for sure. It would be helpful if I could just view the schematics, but haven't had much luck finding both.

Took both foot switch assemblies apart, checked pin out / component traces. They are not the same.

Latest posts

Back