New 5:25 in the house

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to N Stuff Music in Pittsburgh today and returned a 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb and picked up the 5:25. Absolutely love this Mesa, it's my first. Just thought I'd stop by and say "hello" and looking forward to chatting with other Mesa fans.

Oh...and I got very lucky, almost zero hum at idle on this amp (I've read a great deal here over the past week).

congrats, welcome to the forum. My 5:25 is also my first Mesa. I traded for it (of all things) a Carvin full-stack that I really liked - until it was time to move it around / go to gigs. It, for me, provided great stage presence; but I couldn't open it up enough to let it breathe, without the volume causing pain on stage, etc. I use the heck out of this "little" Mesa for practice and such - it is not just my "grab n go" amp; I think it would be the one I keep (of all my rigs). Mine is not a "plus" but does have a 12-inch Vintage 30 speaker. I also run a single 12" "Greenback" under it.

Just bought a 5:25 this weekend also, my second Mesa, Been using Fender since early 60's. Loving the Mesa Amp's

Back