Which Mesa to Get

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asimmd

Reaction score
I have wanted a Mesa Boogie amp for as long as i can remember and now i have retired i can afford one.

My question is,i play mainly instrumentals,home use only,Hank Marvin stuff,and i would like to know which model
would be best suited for this.

I did consider the new Mark 5/25.but it seems a bit OTT just for clean sounds.

Recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

Check out the Lonestar Special. That might work. Also, the cleans on the Rectoverb 25 watt are really good. I'd go with that over the Mark.

The Express 5:50+ has the best clean channel I've ever heard, I have the head and play it through an Avatar 2x12 cab with a Celestion Vintage 30 and Celestion G12H30. And it goes down to 5 watts. Plus, tons of headroom if you want really clean tones with the 50 watt setting. Very versatile amp. Might want to give it serious consideration.

I'd second the Rectoverb 25 suggestion so long as you don't plan to play loud. Any Boogie using the DynaWatt EL84 power section will not have a lot of clean headroom at higher volumes. The F series amps also have great clean channels and can be found for much less than any new Mesa on CL.

Might want to try the Electra-Dyne if you can find one. A discontinued model, but it was designed as a kind of higher powered vintage style amp.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I plan to DI this through my Attenuator and use Redwirez Impulse Response in place of
a real speaker.

I can't use it to record mic'd up at home because of the neighbours of the neighbours.

I have seem some used Studio Rack Mesa's but i don't know anything about them.

Alan

Latest posts

Back