Buffered Pedal for Bi-Amping

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HK Expat

Reaction score
I am looking to change my rig to bi-amp for times that I want a huge sound. Am looking at the 2X12 Road King, which has separate speaker jacks for each of the closed/open speakers. So this allows for both stereo and bi-amp combinations. I want to connect the TA-15 to one, and the 5:50+ to the other. This requires a good ABY pedal that will not load the pickup on the guitar. I currently have the Big Shot ABY from Radial but it is non-buffered True Bypass, so it does load the pickup when in Y-mode. So what is required is an ABY pedal with buffered output, to isolate the pickup from the amp input loading. I don’t care so much what it costs, provided that it does not muck with the tone.

So far the best solution that I can find online is the Radial ToneBone. Can anyone offer other alternatives that you have used for bi-amping?
http://www.tonebone.com/switchbone.php

By the way, if there is another section of this forum that would be more appropriate for this question then please let me know.

I use my TC electronics Flashback x4 and Hall of Fame when I run a stereo. It works and sounds awesome.

Latest posts

Back