Express 5:50 plus combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzald1

Reaction score
Looking to trade my combo to a head. My combo is 6 months old. Anyone? I'm located in Illinois, Springfield area.

Thanks,

gonzald1 said:
Looking to trade my combo to a head. My combo is 6 months old. Anyone? I'm located in Illinois, Springfield area.

Thanks,

Just so that you know, you can order a head shell from Mesa and convert it yourself (I know because I did the same thing). The shell is fairly expensive (don't remember exactly but call them and they will tell you) and they will recommend that you get it with a new reverb tank, that having been said, it may be more cost effective and less hassle for you to just convert it yourself. I was happy with the results.

can you please post a picture after you converted your combo? appreciate it. thanks

gonzald1 said:
can you please post a picture after you converted your combo? appreciate it. thanks

Here you go. This is on top of a 4x12 Mesa traditional slant cab. I ordered it custom with C90s. I took the C90 from the combo and put it in an external 1x12 that a guy made me, which I use for smaller/quieter gigs.

And here is the 1x12 I got to put the C90 in

1x12_tilt_top.jpg

It's partial open back and it sounds really good. The original combo shell I sold on ebay, but didn't get much for... it did go to a guy who could use it though, and that made me feel better.

Back