New owner Express 5:25. Attack definition

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jem7VWH

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As I wrote yesterday, I've just bought this wonderful amp. So happy to have a brand new machine of this caliber.

The first test in the instrument shop was great. The first session at home was again fantastic, was able to fine tune some settings and I went to bed.
Today I switched on the amp, started playing with the last crunch setting left the day before. Well, it sounds good but I have the impression that the attack of the pick is just round, less crispy, less harmonics around the note even if I increase the gain.

Nothing happened to the amp, just sitting on a desk for a night and it works beautiful with every function. So it must be just my impression as I am new to this model.
However, it really seems that the attack is really plastic, lifeless, kind of flat. Yesterday I was enthusiastic about the sound of course, but in particular about the attack on the strings, especially on G, B and E strings... how I can explain.... it was absolutely rich of harmonics, a full response to the pick which went beyond the note.
Now I just hear the note I play, at least this is my impression,

Sorry if I emphasized the idea, I am not saying the amp is broken or plays bad.
I am wondering if it is me or if there is really something which deteriorated, if it makes sense

Thanks

FYI - it takes my 5:25+ about 20-30 minutes to warm up. Some will dispute this (I don't really care) but it's what I hear. Your complaints are the same things I hear with mine when the amp is cold. YMMV, and all that.

Al

Hi,
I have been playing this amp for 4 days and I did notice the SAME. I don"t know if it's normal but it is like that.
After an hour the sound and in particolar the attack is rich and full.
It would be interesting to have other opinione from 5:25 owners.
Meanwhile, thank you for your feedback

Back