5:25 Express Diagnosis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmin542

Reaction score
Hello,
I acquired my first mesa a few months ago which is a 5:25 Express 1x12 combo with the red croc covering and brown leather corners, which I absolutley love. Anyway I am not an amp tech by any stretch of the imagination and I was hoping someone could give me a possable diagnosis. I have my pedal board split into two sections so I can run delay and chorus throught the effects loop and everything else through the front of the amp. Everything works fine throught the front, but when I plug a cable into the effects return the amp goes silent. I hooked everything up to my Laney Lionheart and it all works correctly so I know its not a pedal board or cable issue. Now my assumption is that the jack needs to be replaced and I looked up the part number which is #619357 and called a dual jack. Does that sound right or do you think there is another problem. Is this a part that would be easily replaceable by me? Im no amp tech and dont mind paying someone to do it, but I do all my guitar work myself because in my experience nobody takes care of your stuff like you will yourself. Just wondering if I would need alot of experince, special tools to take apart or put back together, ext

You did not mention how you are feeding the effects loop for delays, is it using the Effects Send jack on the back panel? Yes, this seems obvious, just asking the simple stuff first. And check to make sure Send and Return are not reversed.

1. Guitar to pedal board (distortion, etc) - output of that chain into the amp input
2. Effects Send to delay/modulation effects on pedal board - output of that chain in to Effects Return

The other old Boogie suggestion is to connect a known good guitar cable between the Effects Send and Return. If that works, your jack should be OK. If not, one of the jacks could be jacked.

Latest posts

Back