New little OD pedal for +5:50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8d2studios

Reaction score
Last time i bought an OD Pedal was almost 7 years ago, the SRB 808 Plus double overdrive and I've been using it religiously as a pass thru signal before the amp, meaning that my guitar's tone is affected in a good way if the OD is set to zero.

Recently i found a few videos showing yet again another Dumble like OD pedal, like if the world does not have enough of them already, but i had a strange feeling with this pedal, that same feeling that drives me to buy stuff and ends up being great purchases so i found one on ebay for $169.00 that seemed a good price and the demo video sure showed it souring almost identical next to a real Dumble amp.

So after it got delivered i started playing with it and at first it seemed a bit strange to dial, very different to what i have been accustom to for 7 years, but the trick was to really dial a great punchy clean tone on either channel of the Mesa 5:50+, channel two in Blues mode seemed to have the best punchy clean with a bit more mid range.

After that the true nature of this little pedal shines, it is extremely transparent and i didn't understand this term before, its like really pushing the natural sound of the amp to overdrive with out feeling a pedal is doing it.

The pedal is called Simble Overdrive, was designed by a guy called Lassi Ukkonen, never heard of him before, and the production is under Mad Professor's belt so quality is second to non.

Im really happy with this pedal, it takes my Strat and my Gibson LP extremely well and its a nice addition to get an additional channel with the Mesa.

Ahh I'm wondering if you have any commercial (or any other) relationship with Lassi Ukkonen or Mad Professor Corp?

Also, have you ever heard a real Dumble amp played live? :mrgreen:

Newysurfer said:
Ahh I'm wondering if you have any commercial (or any other) relationship with Lassi Ukkonen or Mad Professor Corp?

Why would you wonders that? can't i post something like this here???

And no, like you, i have not played a Dumble and it really does not matter, this little pedal, FOR ME, its the tits!

8d2studios said:
Newysurfer said:

Why would you wonders that? can't i post something like this here???

And no, like you, i have not played a Dumble and it really does not matter, this little pedal, FOR ME, its the tits!

don't be so defensive :)
It's quite common for random marketing promotional threads to be started on forum sites.
Enjoy your pedal

Holy crap the sound you get at 01:08 sounds mighty fine. Sounds real think and juicy...very great tone. Only problem is that you quickly move away from that sound and bring it down. Should have stayed on that tone a bit longer my friend =)

Sounds like a great combo (pedal+amp).

Latest posts

Back