mastervolume mod on 5:25 (old version)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fridlmhupa

Reaction score
Hi!

I play at very little volume with my mastervolumes at almost zero, because it would blow my acoustic bandmembers away :)
So i want to mod my amp wih an overall mastervolume. There is a place on the back where i ca place it.
Has someone done this before? any Pot recommendations? any place where i can insert? maybe post fx loop???

Thank you!

fridlmhupa said:
Hi!

I play at very little volume with my mastervolumes at almost zero, because it would blow my acoustic bandmembers away :)
So i want to mod my amp wih an overall mastervolume. There is a place on the back where i ca place it.
Has someone done this before? any Pot recommendations? any place where i can insert? maybe post fx loop???

Thank you!

Before you do that you might want to use 12AT7 tubes in place of the 12AX7 tubes, as that will cut your gain down a bunch. Just a thought...

Al

You could use a volume box in the effects loop. Use on in my 40 watt Fender Blues Deluxe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Tube-Amp-Volume-Box-Volume-Attenuator-Hot-Box-/151306899829?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233a981175

Brake Lite works great on mine. Or just put an EQ in the loop and run the volume below unity.

Krek13 said:
volume pedal in the loop is also an option...
This works really well because the loop is effectively after master and you can get the gain structure without the volume. The power tubes won't be pushed that hard so it will be mostly pre-amp saturation.

I gave up thinking about a volume pedal, beacuse my pedaltrain nano is full. (saves a lot of noney when there is no place to install another pedal :eek: )
My goal is keeping my setup as small as possible. Sometimes i play kompletely without that peadlboard stuff,
so i will build a little volume pot that is attached directly to the jacks of my fx loop. The other method i think about is build a pot into the backpanel of the amp just beside the fx loop connectors and wire it internally...

Back