MIDI Foot Controller Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Len Rabinowitz

Reaction score
All:

Having just spent a band rehearsal dancing between the Mesa footswitch and my Eventide H9, I am thinking it is time for a MIDI footswitch that is programmable.

What are people using and how do they set it up? I am thinking either the Voodoo Labs or the Behringer. Big price difference.

Thoughts suggestions ideas?

Thanks!

Hey man,
I use this little box from G-Lab. Connected via MIDI with pod hd and it works just fine.
It comes with fixed PC and CC commands list, enter them into midi controller and you're good to go.

kz1z.jpg

Hmmm. It looks interesting, but I am a little confused. How does it work? Do you connect the Mesa foot pedal to that? Please explain. Thanks!

Since express has no midi capability you need to use external switching sockets on the back of your amp where
you plug this device in with single TRS jack per each socket.
Once connected it can be stored easily in the back of your combo and be powered with midi phantom or external 9v dc power supply.
Then a midi lead runs from g-lab to your midi foot controller. Bit of easy programming and you're sorted, controller will switch channels,
reverb and contour on both channels, as well as any combination of them.
Take a look at this link:

http://www.glab.com.pl/adapter_mesa_boogie_en

Back