New member and NAD - Express 5:50 212 (YouTube vid included)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Gee

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

Happy new member and a proud Boogie owner from UK here.
Bought this baby-monster few weeks ago, initially as a more mobile amp alternative as opposed to my JVM head.
Well... Few weeks later and the JVM is up for sale :D
Can't find words to describe how happy I am with the amp.
Got it in shop condition and with fitted flight case from a local musician, an absolute steal considering what I've paid.

The sweetest clean channel I've ever heard, blues mode is a heart breaker, and burn... Well, ya know what it does, don't ya :D
Still discovering what it gives, in the meantime here's a video of yesterdays jam with clean and blues modes in 5W setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_QkZE6Up00

Congrats. A great looking amp. Glad to hear good things.

I just purchased the same amp, sight unseen and unheard. Picking up the amp soon and looking forward to getting on that Blues setting also with a Telecaster.

Congrats again from the U.S. and enjoy that new amp.

Kris Gee said:
Greetings everyone,

Happy new member and a proud Boogie owner from UK here.
Bought this baby-monster few weeks ago, initially as a more mobile amp alternative as opposed to my JVM head.
Well... Few weeks later and the JVM is up for sale :D
Can't find words to describe how happy I am with the amp.
Got it in shop condition and with fitted flight case from a local musician, an absolute steal considering what I've paid.

The sweetest clean channel I've ever heard, blues mode is a heart breaker, and burn... Well, ya know what it does, don't ya :D
Still discovering what it gives, in the meantime here's a video of yesterdays jam with clean and blues modes in 5W setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_QkZE6Up00

Kris,
Just got a chance to listen to your video. Sounds great. Where were your settings?

Thanks for replies guys.

@Gridlock, I don't think I have the settings written down anywhere, as I was doing some adjustments right before recording.
But as far as I remember I should have a picture of the amp taken after the video was done, and if resolution's good enough
you should be able to see the settings. Will look for that pic and upload it here later.
Tele was the guitar I tested the amp with prior to purchase, as I didn't take any of my musicmans with me and I'm pretty sure
you'll love how they sound together. I was sold on it after few seconds of playing it :D

Nice playing!!! Really sweet tone!!
I just picked up a single 12 5:50 Express, had one previously that I sold 4 or 5 years ago when I stumbled upon a Nomad 55 combo that swooned me with it's 3 channels and a built in solo boost. The Nomad was in mint condition and $600 at the local music store. Sold the Express to pay for it, but should have kept the Express. I later sold off the Nomad. Found a mint condition 5:50 used on kijiji 2 weeks ago and snapped it up. So here goes round two with an Express!!

Great lead tone! Funny, I also sold my JVM210 head and 4x12 1960A cab after buying my 5:50+ (head) with Avatar 2x12 cab. Amazing amps, this express series.

Back