Boss fs 6 footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Len Rabinowitz

Reaction score
Will the boss fs 6 footswitch work with the express 5:50 for channel switching, reverb, and contour? It can be set to either momentary or latch. I suspect it will but thought I would check.

I assume it would have to be set to latch correct?

Thanks!

It should work and would need to be set to latch. It only has two switches, so, you can only control two functions.

Thanks! I was going to get two of them, but it occurred to me that it wouldn't really give me any more flexibility then the regular footswitch.

Right now I have everything set to footswitch on the amp. But, if I have the contour on for channel 1 and I change channels, the contour remains on for channel two by default. I have to change it on the footswitch after changing channels. A bit of a dance.

I think what I am looking for is a MIDI footswitch, something that would have presets, so just touch of a switch gets me whatever I want- channel 1 with reverb off and contour on, channel two with reverb and contour on, etc...

Is this correct? Would something like the Behringer fs 1010 or the Voodoo Labs ground control do it?

If I used a MIDI footswitch, would that connect into the MIDI port or the quarter inch jacks? I ask because it is not a regular MIDI cable that is used on the amp.

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks!

You would also need something like the Voodoo Lab control switcher or RJM Music Mini Amp Gizmo. The footswitches would be programmed to send the desired changes to the switcher device which would then open or close the relays that control the amps switching functions.

Back