External cab configuration for 5:25 Express combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpuma

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 5:25 Express combo (1x10) that I would like to connect to an external 1x12 16 Ohm cab.
The 5:25 has one 8 Ohm outlet (currently taken by the combo speaker) and two 4 Ohm outlets.

I'd like to have both speakers connected, possibly. What's the best way to do it?

Thanks a lot

You should take a look at the owner's manual, which I think is available online. It contains a long list of safe wiring schemes. For example, it looks like a safe mismatch would be to plug the 8 ohm combo speaker into the 4 ohm jack and the 16 ohm extension cabinet speaker into the 8 ohm jack. You could also email Mesa to confirm.

Yes, I noticed. Thank you so much Steve for taking the time to answer my question.

This is an interesting idea. I'd love to use my 4x12 to drive my sound and use the combo with speaker engaged as a monitor for the drummer. I obviously couldn't point the combo directly at the drummer, but it'd give some flexibility.

I gave up on this idea because I was told it was unsafe years ago. I'll explore it again, if its possible then game on! WOOOO!

Latest posts

Back