New Express 5:50+ owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrietMayo

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Recently acquired the 5:50+ head and Lonestar widebody cabinet. Getting fantastic tones so far and feel like I haven't even scratched the surface. I've mainly stuck to the clean and blues channel for now. I have noticed that the controls are really powerful. More bass than 11 o'clock is dangerous for my walls, and maybe neighbours..

I used to play through a 5 watt Blackstar amplifier and struggled pretty hard to get to volume levels that work in a band. That problem has been solved to say the least. Even the 5 watt setting on the Express more than doubles the Blackstar's volume.

Anyway just wanted to say hello and if anyone has any useful tips and tricks for this amplifier I'd love to hear them!

Mayo

Welcome to the Express family! The more you play it, the more you'll love it, the more you'll play it! :D

I had a Blackstar 5 and a Blackstar 20. The 5 is a terrible amp,I thought. The 20 was killer with different tubes. I'd love to have anther 20. I sold them to get my new Express 5:50+. I hope to get another Blackstar 20 in the next10 months or so. The magic is getting killer tube into the 20.

Speaking of changing tubes, if you can swing it, contact Doug @ Doug's tubes. Tell him what type of music you play and follow his recommendation, including switching output tubes. You won't regret it!

Back