5 50 has developed a fuzzy sound in 5 watt mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scot

Reaction score
I previously posted that this issue only happening in crunch mode but has now taken over the whole 5 watt setting. I have spent the day swapping tubes trying to eliminate tubes, thought for sure it would be the phase inverter because it seems to have also lost power/volume with this issue. I have also replaced the power tubes, just seems to be getting worse, I say fuzzy over grainy because the wife came downstairs and said "that sounds like ****, do you have some kinda fuzz pedal on or something"?
Any help would be awesome, I'm 3 hours from any kinda music store or repair center

Scot said:
I previously posted that this issue only happening in crunch mode but has now taken over the whole 5 watt setting. I have spent the day swapping tubes trying to eliminate tubes, thought for sure it would be the phase inverter because it seems to have also lost power/volume with this issue. I have also replaced the power tubes, just seems to be getting worse, I say fuzzy over grainy because the wife came downstairs and said "that sounds like sh!t do you have some kinda fuzz pedal on or something"?
Any help would be awesome, I'm 3 hours from any kinda music store or repair center

Time to use your Mesa warranty I suggest :mrgreen:

I would at least call them and tell them what your amp is doing. They may offer up a simple fix. Their service department is second to none.

TW

One thing to verify is that any connection made across the effects loop isn't a contributing factor. Second might be to disconnect the footswitch and change channels using the toggle switches.

I have occasionally gotten "fried amp" sounds out of my Express that (somewhat mysteriously) self-resolved when doing the above, then reconnecting my loop chain and/or footswitch without the problem returning.

Back