Channel switching without the cutoff ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exacto

Reaction score
Hey Guys! I know it's a known pain of the Express (5:25) that there is a short signal drop when switching channels but is that related to the stock Mesa footswitch? If I plugged a seperate channel switch to the CHANNEL jack on the back would that have the same problem? It's really annoying and makes the channel switch useless in a live situation unless there is an actual pause to change the channel. Would appreciate any info on this as I haven't found a solution yet.

It's part of the amp's design. Not the foot switch. Someone might know the reason, I forget. Anyway, the chix won't notice, so don't sweat it.

I have used the 5:50 in about 5 gigs and it's not a problem what so ever, actually in my amps it's really fast I guess because it has never bothered me at all.

Maybe your amp has a problem. Ask MB support.

8d2studios said:
I have used the 5:50 in about 5 gigs and it's not a problem what so ever, actually in my amps it's really fast I guess because it has never bothered me at all.

Maybe your amp has a problem. Ask MB support.

+1
I've used mine in about 50 gigs - zero issue.
The Express channel changer is equally as fast as any other tube amp I've used.
and that's been about 100 different amps over many years :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back