New Express 5:25+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamese

Reaction score
Just got one of these a couple of days ago. Really loving this amp.

The reports, albeit not many, of it being hard to dial in are silly.

In the first 30 minutes I got it sounding pretty good just knowing what I know about Boogies. Then I got into the manual and tried the suggested settings. Was easily able to get a nice glassy clean (glassier than I expected with the el84s) on the first channel, and the varying degrees of distortion on the other setting and channel are fantastic.

Paired with my old Thiele cab this amp is loud enough to vibrate small objects around in my living room.

This amp certainly sounds different than the .50 Cal+ I have been playing for the past 5 years.

There are a ton of tonal capabilities in this amp. All my mostly vintage-voiced guitars (custom Strat and Tele, LP and SG) sound killer through this amp.

Welcome to the club. I've had mine (5:25+ head, Forte' 3D single 12" cabinet with an MC90) for about a year, and it's the best amp I've owned. Tons of flexibility.

Al

Same setup, just got it mesa 5:25 plus head through my theile/EV cab. Trying to decide if I want to sell my 50 caliber plus

Len Rabinowitz said:
I like my 5:25 plus better than my regular 5:50. Great amp!

Interesting. I can buy a 5:25+ cheap. I was holding out for a 5:50+ to upgrade my current 5:50 original. What are the most glaring differences in the Original 5:50 and the new 5:25+?

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Chris

Back