Ice Pick Highs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarwiz007

Reaction score
I love the sound of this amp but with treble setting anywhere above 10 o'clock, I get severe ice picky highs. It doesn't matter which guitar I use. I've tried various settings with the mids, bass and master to no avail. Is there something I'm missing?

Guitarwiz007 said:
I love the sound of this amp but with treble setting anywhere above 10 o'clock, I get severe ice picky highs. It doesn't matter which guitar I use. I've tried various settings with the mids, bass and master to no avail. Is there something I'm missing?

Probly something wrong with the amp - or the room you're in.
Never heard ice-picky on the 20 or so different 5:50's I've played :)

I have the 5:50plus and owned a 5:50 in the past. No ice pick in either one. Maybe the speakers need broken in, or replaced. Is it sitting on a tile or concrete floor? If is, put a rug under it.

Sounds like something's wrong. My 5:50 was smooth and fat sounding. A very warm amp without being dull.

Where are your ears in relation to the speakers? Distance to, and directly in front, or to the side?
You say you've adjusted the middle, bass, and master controls, but no mention of the TREBLE control.

Back