Express Plus 5:50 Head + 2 Speaker Cabinets?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yardbird mac

Reaction score
This summer I bought an Express 5:50 head. I have it matched with a LoneStar 23 speaker cabinet that I used under my original 5:50 (non plus) combo last year. Personally, I liked the sound of 2 speakers. I'm thinking about buying another LoneStar 23 speaker cabinet to turn this into a 3 piece system (head + 2 separate cabs). Has anyone else run this configuration? If so, what were the sonic benefits (if any)? Other than extra weight (and an extra piece) to drag around what drawbacks, if any, are there to doing this? In order to keep the weight and size (in a single speaker cab) down to a minimum I want to steer clear of 2 X 12 or 4 X 12 cabinets.

I just received the second 23" Lone Star cab today and this setup sounds awesome! I was going to load both cabs with SCUMBACK M75s, but the 2nd MC90 Black Shadow cab makes this setup sound awesome (nice low end punch, yet well balanced and articulate in the mids & highs). I can't wait until the newer speaker breaks in.

Back