Express 5:25 speaker

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recall someone saying it is akin to the Ramrod, but who knows for sure w/o benching them side-by-side.

FWIW, I replaced mine with a Weber 10V, if you're curious about a speaker swap. More bottom end and tighter than the stocker, but still with lovely mids and chimy top end. The best, however, is this combo mixed with a 112 cab and the Mesa Celestion MC90 ...now that's killer big tone right there, no exaggeration!

Edward

frankvdv56 said:
Thanks, what do you like more, an open back or a closed extension cabinet?

Hi frank,

My Avatar Trad 112 cab has the large oval opening in the back, and they include a block-off panel if you prefer a closed-back cab. I tried it both ways and in concert with my 525's 10" combo speaker, I prefer the back open.

BTW, while I have this Avatar cab in tandem with my 525 Express 99% of the time, I've tried it also with my Boogie DC5, a Widebody combo with an EVM12L loaded. The Mesa MC90 simply sounds perfect in this Avatar cab: strong bottom that's tight and defined, warm mids with wonderful presence and detail, and crisp top end that is smooth and natrual sounding. Just a great speaker in its own right, IMHO (which I've compared with Emi's Tonker, RWB, and Weber's Legacy ...all "nice" but I always found the MC90 just more musically pleasing).

Edward

Latest posts

Back