Does the 5:25+ Hiss as much as the older 5:25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St.John

Reaction score
I have the older 5:25 which is a great amp apart from the hiss (only a problem with me when recording) - does the 5:25+ address this issue ?

St.John said:
I have the older 5:25 which is a great amp apart from the hiss (only a problem with me when recording) - does the 5:25+ address this issue ?

I have some hiss with my 5:25+, but it's WAY less than my old Studio 22+. A set of Doug's tube set got rid of most of the hiss. It's not noticeable at playing volume.

Al

midifail said:
The Express+ Series is MUCH quieter!

my old 5:25 is dead quiet, until you start playing ofc...
so how much quieter is the new one?

My 525 is likewise dead quiet (with buckers, natch) ...even at gig volume!

Edward

Chirping in here a bit late but I just picked up a 5:25 combo. The clean is dead quiet. However I do not like the Celestion Vintage 30, it does not do this amp justice unless you like grainy and spiky tones.

revgsmall said:
Chirping in here a bit late but I just picked up a 5:25 combo. The clean is dead quiet. However I do not like the Celestion Vintage 30, it does not do this amp justice unless you like grainy and spiky tones.

v30 is probably the worst speaker for express, tons of fizzines....

greenback style speakers are great btw, for example i got eminence legend gb128 - nice price and sounds awesome ...

Back