Channel switching problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmac

Reaction score
Hi! I think something is wrong with the channel switching on my Express 5:25. The footswitch changes between channels while the channel switch on the front of the amp is set to channel 1. If set to channel 2, the footswitch has no effect, as expected. It also works correctly when the switch is set to FTSW. I measured the switch on the inside of the amp, and it seems to work fine.

But the footswitch should of course not change the channels when the channel switch is set to 1. Anyone else having this problem?

I got a reply from Mesa and it seems that this behaviour is by design. Personally I find it somewhat strange, but I'm happy as long as nothing is broken.

I think you need the channel switch in the center; up is ch1, down ch2, center is foot switched.

Thanks MrMason, but actually the thing was that I was surprised that the active channel was determined by the footswitch not only in the middle switch position, but also in the up position. At least on my amp.

I checked inside the amp to see how the switch is actually connected, and it seems to me that middle and up makes no difference, when looking at how the switch is connected to the circuit board. This is because only two of the three contact points on the switch is connected to anything. But it's fine, I just wanted to check if something was wrong with my amp. Since nothing is wrong, I'm happy with how it is, since its just a minor issue.

Back