Another 5.25 Speaker Swap!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundchaser59

Reaction score
So far I've had alnico Blue Pup, Chicago and Michigan, Tone Tubby, G10 Vintage, and Ramrod in my Express, and I still have the E50 Black Shadow in stashage.

The Ramrod has been great and I'm surprised. But I've forgotten what the original Black Shadow sounds like in there. I keep telling my friends that my all time favorite 10 inch speaker so far is the Delta Demon.

So I have another Delta Demon on the way, and I'm gonna try it in the Express. It will surely end up with either the Delta Demon or the Black Shadow. I have a small 30 watt Vox ADVT that will get the leftovers. Not sure if I will sell the Ramrod or just stash it.

Some Eminence speakers just really really turn me on, while others are not spiritually moving! For some reason I love the smooth dark creamy tone of the Demon, and I'm hoping it will sound just as great in the Express.

I know what you mean about the Emminence factor. I had a 5:25 with the 12" speaker for a few weeks before I got my Ace. Well, I just HAD to know!!!! :twisted: Anyway, I put my spare Private Jack into it and it was way COOL!!! It made that little express sound so much bigger and balanced. It was great. I played it that way until I had to take it back. Really fun experiment :mrgreen: Hmmmm, wonder what my Ace would sound like???

Well, I dont know for sure but maybe I'm just liking the general Patriot sound overall? The Blue Eminence speakers seem to be referred to as "Patriot" series and the Red ones seem to be the "Red Coat" series.

I've noticed now that it's the Red Coats I always end up letting go of, and it's the Blue Patriots that I usually end up liking and going back to. Not that I dont like the Reds, but they seem to usually sound a bit too bright, too edgy and too efficient for my ears. I love the Tonker, for example, but I have never been able to keep one around very long because it just wears my ear down to quickly.

This Delta Demon is a blue, and it sounds really nice in the 5.25. I love it. So I imagine I would really like it thru a Swamp Thang or a CRex. If I remember correclty the CRex is a Blue series also......

I cant talk like this, it's too much temptation.

Back