another noise problem with the 5:25 express/ EH memory man

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Generally, I like the basic sound of my 5:25 (without any pedals). I use to run a Boss NS2 with it but lost that in the wake of Hurricane Ike. I recently got a deluxe memory man and a Boss tuner pedal, and holy grail reverb (EH) and a Boss LC2 looper. Yesterday I tried running this chain both through the efx loop and straight through and it mad the amp noise extremely horrible. I think you are suppossed to run delay effects last in the chain. Has anyone used the EH deluxe memory man on the express 5:25. Any recommendations on the best position to put this pedal (in the efx loop, out front, first, last etc).

Thanks!
MLS

mesaluckystrike said:
Generally, I like the basic sound of my 5:25 (without any pedals). I use to run a Boss NS2 with it but lost that in the wake of Hurricane Ike. I recently got a deluxe memory man and a Boss tuner pedal, and holy grail reverb (EH) and a Boss LC2 looper. Yesterday I tried running this chain both through the efx loop and straight through and it mad the amp noise extremely horrible. I think you are suppossed to run delay effects last in the chain. Has anyone used the EH deluxe memory man on the express 5:25. Any recommendations on the best position to put this pedal (in the efx loop, out front, first, last etc).

Thanks!
MLS

I'm having since few months the EH MM (with Hazarai) and it is dead quiet into the fx loop (I'm having only a VP jr Ernie Ball (which feeds the tuner) + MM into the loop).
Maybe a bad cable?

Of all the gear I've tried, EHX stuff has given me by far the most problems with noise. Unfortunately, I've never seen any mods for their stuff.

I used to have a Black Finger compressor, and it would hum if I put the adapter in the outlet the wrong way. I guess that's not a surprise with stuff that runs on high voltage AC. But the other things I had were just plain noisy, especially at higher gain settings.

mesaluckystrike said:

Thanks!
MLS

Reverb and delay pedals sound best in the Loop - last in chain IMHO.
If that's a Boss TU-2 tuner you're using it'll probably tone suck your 5:25 and the LC2 might too.
If you get another noise suppressor try an ISP Decimator or an MXR Smart Gate.
Much better than the NS2 :mrgreen:

I've never put the tuner in the chain. I use an A/B switch with A going to the amp and all the pedals, and B goes to the tuner. Never occurred to me to put it in the chain with everything else.

unless you have a well done dedicated out from pedal volume like from the EB VPjr. Still that it's true that some tuner are noisy when on.

Latest posts

Back